The Involute Gear Program has the following features:
1. Generates the gear data tables for the gear drawings - including tolerances.
2. Modern windows programming.
3. Design and optimize profile shift, recess action, addendums, dedendums, pressure angles.
4. Calculates short pitch hobs.
5. Extensive output on tabbed pages.
6. Creates error statements for all interferences and undercuts.
7. Calculates AGMA gear tooth bending and compressive stress.
8. Calculates ISO gear tooth bending and compressive stress.
9. Calculates cutting tool geometry; hob for external, shaper cutter for internal.
10. Can design new gears with few inputs, or can analyze existing gears.
11. Calculates extensive gear mesh data
12. Plots sliding velocity, specific sliding, and the pinion and gear tooth profiles.
13. Automatically selects the optimum roll diameter for measurement over wires.
14. Provides AutoCAD .scr files for the gear tooth, the entire gear, and for both gears in mesh.
15. Design and analyze internal gear meshes, as well as external gear meshes.
Involute Gear Program (IGP) was developed to rapidly design new gear sets, or analyze existing gear sets. The manufacturing
tooling is linked to the gear design, to prevent designing gears which cannot be manufactured. The gear data output tables,
including tolerances, and are ready to be directly added to the gear detail drawings.